PM laptop scheme announced, up to Rs. 2 million loan for students

PM laptop scheme announced, up to Rs. 2 million loan for studentsPrime Minister Laptop scheme has been announced for the young and educated people all over the country, announced by Federal Finance Minister – Ishaq Dar in the budget 2013-2014 speech.

All the students who are having higher education in Pakistan from reputed institutions which are recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) will have a chance to claim a laptop.

PML-N government has allocated Rs. 3 billion for the scheme and HEC has been directed to form an eligibility criteria in the coming days which will be advertised later.

The scheme is an upgraded version of Free Laptop scheme which was launched by Chief Minister of Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif in January 2012 while distributing 100000 Dell laptops among the graduates and post graduate students of the province. Later Shahbaz Sharif distributed 100000 more laptops among the students.

The announced laptop scheme is from the federal government, it is still possible to see a separate scheme coming from provincial governments such as Punjab and KPK.

Apart from the laptop scheme, government has also announced several scholarship and youth training programs.

Students who have done masters and are unable to find a job will be offered 1 year internship in government and public corporations and Rs. 10,000 stipend every month will be paid to them during the period.

Students from the less developed areas who are getting professional education, for example, doctors and engineers, will have their fee paid by federal government. Mostly, students from interior Sindh, Southern Punjab and Baluchistan will be accommodated.

Details of Loans and 6 Schemes announced by Nawaz Sharif

Loans will be given to students who want to become entrepreneurs. Rs. 1 lack to Rs. 2 million loan will be given on 8% markup through regular banks to the students having technical education who desire to start their own business.  The difference between regular markup in the market and announced markup of 8% will be borne by federal government.

Did you like the post? Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for latest updates

Comments

1. anum shazmeen says

AOA sir iam student of bscs in aiou.i have got 76% marks in 2nd semester and i m topper in class sir kia ma lap top scheme ki mustahiq ho please reply me ???????

• Huba says

Assalam o Alaikum.. i am the student of karachi uni of bs final year in the dept of economics. . i have got good gpa in all cources. i need laptop for my better studies. Kindly provide me laptop . I SHALL BE VERY THANKFULL TO YOU….

2. Paras Naseer says

A great number of students completing their private education such as ACCA, may also have a dire need of this facility, here i’m no talking of the people with unlimited wealth but of those students those who work and collect their study dues and then study !!! Are they not deserving for this facility ????

3. owais says

plz sir tell me that which students are not eligible in 2012 first scheme of laptop distribution due to any reason
    now they are eligible or not in 2014?????
    plz tell and reply

4. Zahid Nazeem says

kindly Advise or advertise How to apply for Laptops via mail or provide ctc Numbers to apply for registration.

Zahid Nazeem Gilgiti
    ctc: 03218994992

5. ZAHID NAZEEM says

Dear All Pakistani’s
    A.o.A
    As all of us know that it is good scheme for all educated peaple, students as well as for those students who want to promote thier busuness or study, but we are seeing here that it’s only a limited scheme arround punjab specially in lahore. And Prime Minister had forgot Gilgit Baltistan, Till now 1 laptop had not issued to GBL students , Are they Not pakistani? are they not student? Are they not want to improve or promote thier studies?
    Why are the neglected in every field of life? It is un-justice with GBL students.
    It is my request to Prime Minister Miyan Mohd Shahbaz Sharif and all those who manage these schemes to think about GBL people.

Rgds
    Zahid Nazeem
    Ctc: 03218994992

6. Tauqeer Ahmad says

Sir how longer we would have to Waite for formal Laptop Scheme registration, It has been quite a long time from October 3rd 2013 that was given a deadline for registration, I would glad to know about registration method, whether we would be directly asked to submit a form in our institutes or unsolicitedly our institute will itself produce list of candidates enrolled with them……………… Previously Khyberpakhtunkhwa had a very wired criteria for distribution of laptop that was purely based on nepotism and lack of technical thinking, Even Urdu literature students had been given a laptop but not student of commerce and computer science, We are eagerly waiting for this initiative because we know we would be heard this time

7. aneela says

sir i want to know the exact criteria for laptop because i need laptop for better study .As we know that this era is Electrical and without computers or laptops we can’t reached at high standard.So tell me criteria and on which date laptops are issued?

8. Nadeem Malik says

Dear kia laptop Allama Iqbal Open University walon ko bhe milain gay? Ye jo PM Scheme k tahat Dany hain? reply me

9. Sobia Ihsan says

I’m B.Com Toper Of punjab University Lhr I hv Applied Many times for labtop in previous schemes but i did’t Get any reply, Kindly This Time Tell me Procedure tht how i apply for this i’ll b greatful to government of pakistan for this …..i’m doing m.com now i need labtop in order to improve my study ….

10. zarina ali nawaz says

hi sir im from balochistan , i want to know procedure of yoth scheme,
    i have done masters in islamic education recently from balochistan university , also i want lptop for continue my further study.
    thanks

11. Muhammad Masroor Ahmed says

Ass-o-Alikum! Prime minister Sahab Ghareeboun kay liye koi low cost housing scheme start karain puray mulk main jaga jaga jahan hum jaisay log bhi apna ghar asaan installment main lain sakain. Best Regards

12. zeeshan Ali says

sir i am student of mehran university of jamshoro ,sindh and i am student of software department and i am in 3rd year i want laptop because its very important for me

13. Rukhsana Perveiz says

ma BA(HONS) key student ho our maray pass na tu computer hai our na hi laptop hai jasi key waja sa muja kam kar na both masikei hoti hai please app mari help kar or muja ak loptops daya taka ma apni higher education hasil kar sakao .

14. sheharyar says

Assalam-o-alikum sir what is the procedure for this scheme when it will be started… how we will be part of this scheme…….thanks.

15. muhammad yaseen says

AOA…….the scheme has been announced by prime minister is really good but there must be merit while providing the ineligibles we want to see merit we hopeful govt will respect our this demand

16. Zaeem ul hassan says

How much percentage we have in matric to got a laptop ?How much percentage we have in matric to got a laptop ?

17. comsian says

Slam guyz , i have heard from my uncle an official in HEC that the PM laptop scheme is only for federal public (govt) universities and eligibility criteria is 75% in last semester

18. ubaid ur rehman says

i am student of MSC IT scored 80% marks in 4 SEMESTER …MY FINAL PROJECT IS YET TO BE SUBMITTED OR VIVA OF 6 CREDIT HOURS IS YET TO BE HELD….i could not got laptop in bachelor .may i apply for laptop this year?????

19. Muhammad Zulfiqar says

AoA:
    sir, i need to the free laptop scheme,i am studying MBA in 3rd Semster recognized institute, i am eligible for free laptop scheme please sir reply me as soon as possible.

20. madeeha says

Sir i want to ask what is the criteria which i should meet for applying for a laptop i had done masters in Applied psychology from university of the Punjab Lahore.

21. khadem ali says

a.o.a sir i want to know that how can i apply for free laptop as i am doing my bs-cs from a hec recognise university and i need a laptop or computer but i can’t buy it☺thanx if giving me details

22. NEDian says

plz tell me whehter it will be distributed only among the toppers of public sector uniz of karachi or all students ??…m the final year student of NED university ..will i get it ??

• Syed says

Dear NEDIAN ! Karachi ? What is Karachi ?

Nothing for we karachi’ites. Not even ISSB and CSS exams. In sari schemes mein karachi ka hardly 5% quota hoga. Wo bhi karachi mein rehne wale in hi politicians kay rishtay daron ko dya jaega.

We karachi’ites has nothing in these schemes, we need our own setup of Syed Mustafa Kamal, who was a unique of its own type. Come again Mustafa Kamal.

Then we will these these PPP PML Feudal lords kay kaam kaisay hota hai or development kisey kehte hain

Regards,
      Syed Charmer – The Karachi’ite.

Karachi – World’s 4th largest City and South Asia’s 2nd, and Pakistan’s most largest City.

GEO KARACHI

GANJA NU PHENTI LAGEGI

23. mian waqar says

24. Saleem says

Sir pls tel me, how i can avail this free laptop scheme because i passed MBA exam and intended to start higher research studies.
    Do u facilitates loan (Qarz-e-Hasana) those students who want to take admission in Ph.D???

pls rp sir

25. naima says

i am student of MA L&M semester 3..i scored 77% marks in both semester….i could not got laptop in bachelor .may i apply for laptop this year?????

26. Zubair khan says

i have passed DAE with 70 % marks and have full of experience in field can i apply for laptop and loan ? how?

27. ASH says

sir
    mene i.com part 1 me 80% marks liye the kia me laptop k liye eligible hon if yes than plz tell me k me kese apply karo sir plz i need a laptop for further studies .
    i m very thankful to u
    thanks..

• shamas says

no sir eligibility for laptop is 60% marks in case of annual system and 70% in case of smester system students in their last exam

• Naseer khan says

Are U sure Sir this time also In case of semester system marks should be 70%..kyun k ma nay suna ha as bar 75% hny chaya,plz tell me,,,,,,,,

28. Tariq.akbar says

Salam My name s Tariqakbar nd i have got 85% marks n F sc ne i am student of medical college n Islambab (BDS)..any body guide me that hw i can apply for that…plz

29. rmeez says

Plssssss do tel me the eligibility criteria when it is finalized… I thnk the eligibility criteria should b more thn 70%…

30. Muhammad Arshad Anwer says

Sir, I want to know about the loan scheme for youngsters because I want to get admination in M.Phil Economics of National university of modern language of Multan campus. I can got it? And
    How to apply for this scheme?

31. shah ahmed says

i have got 84% in intermediate exams 2013 fom bise sukkur..can i apply for this scheme if yes then tell me the process through which i can?

32. hina says

i have clear my MSC computer science in 2011 with 71 percent marks can i apply for this scheme if yes then tell me the process through which i can?

33. wahab ahmad says

Dear Sir,
    i want to know that how to apply for the loan scheme. i am very needy because i have no job since 1year i want to start my new business

34. mudassir nawaz says

sir g ma na university of Sargodha sa Pharm- D kr rah hon ma na two year ma 71% lia hn muja laptop nahi mila or ma poor student hon muja finicial assitant k lia rupees cahia thanks reply

35. shehla siddique says

AOA Sir my name is Shehla siddique… i have completed MA with 71% marks in last year from Arid university.. am i eligible for laptop…???? plz reply
    can someone tell me how to apply for it???

36. Moazzam says

Sir 2013-2014 k Budget Mein govt. Universities k students jo Marriet par hon, ko LAptop milen ge kia???????

37. Rafia Zamurad says

Sir,I am student of MSC in QUA ID-E-AZAM university.and I have completed my 2nd semester in JUNE 2013 with (594/750) marks {79.2%} ,I have domicile of Punjab. AM I ELIGIBLE FOR PM LAPTOP?????????????
    SIR,I have 74% marks in Fsc from FBISE .and 65% marks in Bsc from PUNJAB UNI…..I got 62% marks in B.ed from AIOU. But I have failed to get CM LAPTOP.NOW LOOKING FOR PRIME MINSTER’S LAPTOP OR ANY OTHER SCHOLARSHIP……….

38. rubab says

sir im an undergraduate student.i’ve passed my first semester with 75% marks at numl.plz i need a laptop.i deserve it

39. Shamsa kanwal says

sir laptop ki aik or distribution honi chahiye after eid iski registration start karyein jin haqdaro ko unka haq nahi mila sir plzzz unhayn is baar lazmi milny chahiyen laptop ALlah apko kaamyabiyan ata kary

40. Shakeel Ahmed says

AoA
    sir jo students uni key kharchey afford kr saktey hain wo lap top b to khareed saktey hain hum jeso ko laptop dena chahye jo kam bhi krtey hain aur private paper bhi detey hain aur main ma.economics ka student hon aur pichley tamam exame main meri 1st divisions hain mujet apkey respons ka intzar rahey ga

41. masoom yasin says

SIR,Aoa! we the students of QAU request you to include us in laptop scheme . All the students are waiting for your favor,especially PUNJAB domicile students with 70% marks or more………………………

42. irfan majeed says

meri cm punjab se apeal hai k kindly universties main DAE students ki seats kuch aur krain it mean brha dein.because every year many students passed DAE but view students admitted in universties because of only reserved seats……..

43. Ali ijaz says

Sir,
    I am student of MBA but last some months i am facing many financial problem may hurdle in my study. I want to take student loan. I am really thankfull to you.

44. Masood Ashraf says

AOA PM,

we are also students of AIOU. So its request you to add our university in your laptop distribution scheme. We all deserve for this wonderfull scheme.

45. Naveed Sajid says

Dear PM,
    i am student of AIOU MBA. I request to also add aiou for PM Laptop scheme because we are also Pakistani and deserve for this great scheme on merit bases.
    Waiting for your kind response.

46. MASOOM YASIN says

Sir, i am student of MSC IN QUA ID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY.MY 2nd semester has been completed in june 2013.I got 75% marks & have neither of top 3 position in my class .Am I eligible for PM LAPTOP? As CM laptops were distributed among TOP 3 position holders in our uni…

47. Anam says

AoA, any one please tell me , i am student in virtual university , doing , m.phil in business administration, maine inqalab news paper mein perha hai k , m.phil aur phd waly studentx ko diya jy ga , yh b mentioned hai k Vu k teachers jo m.phil ker ry they are not eligible..
    i wana know that , i am student at Vu . Am i eligible.??

48. waqar says

is there laptop distribution only among new admitted students orthose students will also be included who donot get the laptops by cm punjab because they were not on the merit at that time but now they are on merit???????????

• Sadia says

Bad news!bhai laptop distribution is only among newly admitted students who are in there 1 semester or so.because a couple of my acquaintances did not get laptop though they were on merit but they were not newly admitted ,in second ,3 Rd semester or so.
      There is a policy fault. hope this will be amended this year.

49. Basit raza says

salam’
    i want to know the criteria for applying loan scheme and when i could apply for it.? secondly if some one has already recieved a lptop in c.m laptop scheme whether or not he will be comsider for PM lapttop scheme????

50. shakeel ahmad says

i think lap top scheme should be banned because our genious ,doctors and engineers are being spoiled through this scheme. i being a teacher present a resolution of condemnation of it. if at all it should be necessary it should be provided to the m.phil or p.h.ds pupils so that they may utilize this for reseach purposes

• soban says

saly bkwas bnd kr tu apni.. agr wo muft main laptop dy rha hy to tera bil a rha hy???? ya tery bap k paison sy dy rha hy..tm log kbe positive mt sochna.. r han mjy lgta hy saly tu m.phil ya phd kr rha hy jo unko milna chahiye laptop

• Shamsa kanwal says

shakeel bhaie masters walo ko milna chahiye 2013 – 2014 k session ma aik or registration honi chaiye plzzzzzzzz do something for students

51. Sajjad Ahmad Awan says

I am a student of PhD Teacher Education from AIOU, I have passed my M Phil but I have not been given lap top yet. How can I apply for Lap Top.

52. sadafshahzadi says

Dear sir,
    i want to know that how to apply for the loan scheme and how to apply for 1 year youth training program please guide me as soon as possible.
    Regards, sadaf

53. Mohsin Raza says

Dear sir,
    Regards,
    Mohsin Raza

54. saiqa faryad says

respected Sir,
    please sir inform me futher detail to get this loan because i want to study further please support me thanks

55. Khushman Arshad says

Dear Sir,

I want to know about the loan scheme for youngsters because I want to start my own business and I have good knowledge for this business. Please guide me that how to apply for that.

Thanks,

56. Ali says

Dear Sir,

Thanks,

• SOBAAN (comsian) says

YES. COMSATS university is a federal public university and enjoying good reputation in market , will be consider for this scheme

57. Naveed Ahmed Tunio says

sir, would you include the students of Quaid e Awam university Nawabshah for this laptop scheme? and how can i apply for laptop and student’s loan?

58. sajid says

I want to know when Govt will start to contribute Lap top among students. I m sajid from Lahore currently I m waiting for results of Ms in Business Administration. Please Guide me friends.

Thanking you,

59. muhammad ammar farooq says

sir, i need to know what is the criteria for the free laptop scheme,i am studing APCOMS hec recognized institute, i am eligible for free laptop scheme

60. saad says

sir, would you include the students of DOW UNIVERSITY for this laptop scheme? and how can i apply for laptop and student’s loan?

61. Ahmed Malik says

AOA:
    sir the students who dont have any property to show for the loan but they are honest
    how they can apply 4 that loan
    plz tell me as soon as possible

62. Mahfooz says

what about in lahore for the following?

Say something on the topic!