Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 has been launched in Pakistan for Rs. 38,999 with warranty from GreenTech, TeleTech and MNP.
The handset is a wonderful 5 inches Android Jelly Beans powered smartphone which displays a pixel resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The 8 megapixel rear and 2 megapixel front cameras are supplemented with additional features such as geo-tagging, autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, face and smile detection and image stabilization. The 1 GB RAM is supplemented by its 8 GB internal memory and microSD slot. Its Dual-SIM feature is among the latest features being provided by the mobile handset companies in their Android smartphones. The 2100 mAh battery provides a standby time of up to 440 hours and a talk time of about 10 hours.
- CPU: Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- OS: Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Display: 5.0 inches with 480 x 800 pixels at ~187 ppi pixel density
- Memory: 8 GB internal storage expandable to 64 GB via microSD card
- Camera: 8 Megapixel rear with 3264×2448 pixels resolution
- Front Camera: 2 megapixel
- Video: 1080p at 30 fps
- Battery Standby Time: Up to 440 hours
- Battery Talk Time: Up to 10 hours
- TouchWiz UI
- Dual SIM
- GSM / GPRS / EDGE / 3G / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity
The advertisement of the handset is placed in the renowned newspapers of the country but as confirmed from sources, it was not available in the markets as of yet. The same situation happened when Galaxy S3 was introduced in a way that it had been officially launched in the advertisements but came almost 2 weeks later in the market. If the company would coordinate its launch with the market availability then it would be much better for them in terms of business.