Students getting angry over laptop distribution mechanism

Students getting angry over laptop distribution mechanismAs the second phase of laptop distribution among the student of Punjab has yet to be started on November 5 from District Bhawalpur, students of different colleges and universities have started to raise voice on various forums regarding discriminatory distribution of laptops.

MORE has received several complaints from number of students who are not happy with the lists their colleges and universities have compiled. Most of the evening students have complained that even being on merit, their names are not in the lists of students who are supposed to get the laptops.

A similar issue was highlighted in a newspaper today. according to news item, couple of students studying at MAO college Lahore have shown anger over the mismanagement on the part of their college administration. The students (Rehan, Suleman, M. Abbas, M. Gufran) have said that they full fill the criteria of obtaining the laptops but somehow their names have been removed by their college management from the final list.

In the first phase of laptop scheme, hundreds of students had complained about the unfair attitude of college management as well as the bureaucracy who altered lists of students at the last moments.

Government of Punjab says, out of 100,000, some 30,000 HP laptops have been received and the first distribution ceremony will be held on November 5 in Dist. Bhawalpur where 3000 laptops will be distributed.

In order to please the students of other provinces, Shahbaz Sharif has announced to distribute 6000 among the students of other provinces including Islamabad.

Hopefully CM will take necessary action to fix the problems before the scheme starts on ground.

Did you like the post? Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for latest updates

Comments

1. wasim abbas says

Respected Sir,
    Assalam-O-Alaikum!
    It is humbly stated that i m student of BS(Hons)Boatny 8th semester , University Of Education Okara campus. According to criteria of laptop distribution , i fall in the merit of availing laptop on my previous semester basis which is 7th semester .
    i got 74% marks in 7th semester , but our university sent registration on 6th semester basis which was completed in mid of 2013 and i got 67 %marks in 6th semester.. so according to rules and regulations i should avail laptop on my 7th semester basis. i request you to help me in achieving laptop . its my last semester and i want to avail laptop for my M.Phill. University staff make unjustice with me and my other fellows.plz help me.
    Waiting for your kind favor . I shall be very thankful to you on this kind favor.
    Applicant Name
    Wasim Abbas
    BS(Hons)Botany 8th semester
    University Of Education Okara

2. says

To ,
    The Prime Minister’s Office,
    Islamabad.
    Respected Sir,

Assalam o alaikum,It is stated that I am a student of Pharm D . I am doing Pharm D from University of Lahore, Raiwand Road. My father has retired . I have completed my Two semesters and now I am promoted to the 3rd semester. Sir I got Cgpa 3.04 . I want laptop because I want to become a good student and as well as a great pharmacist . I am very hardworking .My Parents cannot afford to buy a laptop for me thats why Sir Its my Request kindly give me laptop because I want to be a proud of my Parents and I want to serve my country InshaAllah …I shall be very thankful to you for this favour.
    I will wait fior your reply.
    Thank You !

3. Arslan ahmed says

Assalam o Alaikum ……. sir ap ke (ujala scheme) main 60% merit rakha gaya hay…. main GCT Sargodha ka 3rd year(electrical) ka student hun…. Maire 1st aur 2nd year dono fully clear hay…meri percentage 1st year main 72% say uper hain aur second year main be 72 % say uper hain…. humaray college main say taqrebn 160 larkon kay name gaye… magar bad main sirf 88 select kiye hain … college kay clerk say puchny par unhn nay kaha kay ye pechay se reject hua hay aur un ko kuch ne pata kay kis waja say kiye hain … hmary class say 5 larkon kay naam gayen hain jin may say 3 ko select kia gyaa hai…… un ki percentage 73 say 74 tak hai.mairy 72.2% hai… pehly baat to ye kay merit 60% hai…. agar 60% ki bajaye 75% bhe hai to un larkon ko kaisay mill raha hai ….. THIS IS NOT JUSTICE !!!!!!!!!! university mai ap 60% walon ko solar lamp day rahay hain to humain q nahe… kya TEVTA kay idaray ap kay under nahi aatay ????…… hamary ye appeal hai kay agar app nay GCT’s main 60% merit nahi karna tou kam az kam 65% ya 70% he kar dain…… PLEASSSSSS is issue ko jald solve krain

4. sabahat says

Respected Chief Minister Punjab,
    Salam.
    With Respect Sir I’m doing BSc(hons) in dental technology from Nishtar Institute of Dentistry Multan. I have passed my 3rd Professional examination annually securing 543/800 which is about 67.8%. Previously I was not able due to supply to apply for laptop.and that supply was due to some personal problem. Now I’m eligible for this reward but you have changed the criteria for the distribution of Laptops. Its my humble request to u Sir please pay attention to my request and kindly award me with laptop in 2nd Phase.
    Its my humble request to you and i hope u will take notice to my request.
    I will be very thank full to you
    Sabahat Shahaeen
    D/o Ghulam Haider Shahaeen.
    Nishtar Institute of Dentistry.
    Multan.

5. zain says

On the behalf of the morning left over students. we are the morning left over students and did’nt get the laptops,,,,,,even we are on the merits……..and we are the students of UET lahore,,,,,when we will get our laptops,,,,,plz reply

6. Ahsen Hamdani says

This is just an election campaign and this time CM realized that he has to be admired by the students of other provinces so his so called advisers guided him to distribute few machines among students of other provinces. It all started after PTI shown its youth power. Never punjab govt. had thought about any such thing during all those 4 years of its governance. it is all happening in the last year of their tenure as it appears that policy makers suddenly realized that laptops are very important for the bright future of youth…..

• Fyza says

We have sent our requests number of times on the FB page and the link you have mentioned above but no one respond. it seems that it is like a one way communication.

Leave your opinion