Shahbaz Sharif to distribute 100,000 HP laptops in Punjab

Shahbaz Sharif to distribute 100,000 HP laptops in PunjabThe Laptop mania is not over yet, there is more fun ahead assured Shahbaz Sharif when he announced 100,000 more laptops for the evening students of Punjab – second phase of Punjab Laptop Scheme.

In his message on his fan page, he says,

“Distribution of another 100,000 laptops to merit scholars will start from next month. Laptops will be distributed to outstanding evening students first and then to brilliant day scholars. The distribution process will hopefully be completed by end of January. Criteria & mechanism to register for this phase will be published soon”.

Laptop scheme got popular in December 2011 when  Punjab Government had announced to distribute 100,000 Dell Laptops among the students of Punjab who had scored good grades in their exams. These 14 inches Dell laptops had Dual Core 2.0 processor, 320 GB of Hard Disk and 2 GB of DDR3 RAM.

In the first phase, Shahbaz Sharif had to face harsh criticism from opponent political parties and TV anchors blaming him for corrupt practices during the entire process from procurement to distribution.  Later, transparency international declared the process neat.

Although Punjab Government got clean chit, but many  of the students from various universities reported a biased behavior from their college/ university administration that resulted in dropping of number students from the lists who were eligible.

Evening students had also raised voice and called the distribution of laptop discriminatory. MORE had received number of complaints where every eligible complainant had expressed his/her anger.

We hope the coming phase of laptop distribution would be on merit and take care of glitches and weaknesses.

Basic Specifications of HP L1000

Processor:           Intel Core i3 2370M ( 2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)

Chipset:               Intel HM75 Express Chipset

Graphics:             Intel HD Graphics 3000

Display Panel:    14 inch LED Backlit Display (1366×768)

RAM:                     2GB DDR3

Hard Disk:            500 GB 5400 RPM

Optical Drive:     Super Multi DVD Burner

Battery:                6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (47 WHr, 2.2 AH)

Carrying Bag:      HP Backpack

Did you like the post? Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for latest updates

Comments

1. faqeer ali qasmi says

i need laptop i blong to skardu baltistan and i have 66% marks in B.com pleas consider my comment……….

2. Hasnain Iftikhar says

Respected sir,
    My mname is Hasnain iftikhar i secured 69.23% marks out of 1050 from Matric in annual examination 2013, BISE Gujranwala board under roll No,447888.How i can apply to acheave the lap top OR Punjab Endowment Scholarship . I belongs to a apoor family my father is a govt.servant . who can not afoard my study expenceses.in this time i have been studying in Govt.Zamindar post graduate college Behember road Gujrat in Pre engerning group(F.Sc).If you oblidge me i shall be very thanks full to you for your this kindness.God.bless you.

3. arslan says

hi iam arslan i have got 70 percent marks in inter exams am i eligible for laptop kindly ans me how many percentage are required for laptop

4. muhammad bilal says

sir,
    ap ne kha tha 2012 may khe jin student ko nae mily laptop wo next time mehant kery un ko may don ga my UAVS ka stdent hon or ab may ne khub mehnt ki ha mary gp bhe ache ae ha liken ap ab hm jesy student ko nae de rhe may to bhot sad ho ga ya hon hmra sara kam laptop pay hota ha or mary pass laptop nae ha or may as kabal bhe nae ke khrd sako mary help ki jae

5. says

I was the student of Vocational Training Institute and passed the examination of CAOP (Computer Application Office Professional) with 82% marks am i eligible? if i eligible then what’s the process of registration please convey me. Thanx

6. azeem sarwar says

asalam o aalekum …….sig g main disst muzaffar garh

tehsil ali pur sy baat kar raha hun .meri wife sumaira bashir gvet degree colleg ali pur m m.a class m regular student hai . college k 32 student ko laptop mil chuky hain mgr meri wife samait 7 student ko laptop nhi mila hala k yeh bakya 7 student har lehaz sy meirt par hain please hmary masly ko hal kya jay
    ,my mobile number 0336 6145418

7. Ayesha says

Sir,
    Plzz tell me how I can apply for registration
    I m the student of m.com nd I need laptop.i hv obtained 62% marks in b.com from p.u in 2012….plz tell me the way to apply

8. salman swat says

assalam o alikum sir my name is salman and i belong to swat ‘ i attempted 86% in my last semister ‘ i swear i dont want any laptop . i m just asking am i pakistani ?? if yes so plz explain it how . where is the right of pukhtun ‘ but wait lolz i m coming soon there

9. raja khayam says

1 laptop k leye in chorun loterun ko apna zameer nae bechna…. MR shabaz sharif i do not want your laptop …. first solve the energy crisis……….

10. sundas ishfaq says

a.o.a sir ma b.s ki studnt hon..mra name list ma nae aya bcz mra mrit nae hy itna……ma b.s ki studnt hon or mje assignmt banaby k liyh laptop chyh hota hy jo k mry pas nae hy or ma is qabeel nae hon k laptop ly sakon bcz ma boht qareeb hon or ap tu qareebo ki madadt krty hy na or ap education k liyh itna kuch kr rhy hy….plz plz plz plz plz give me a one chance….plz plz plz plz givwe me a laptop i realy need it………plz plz plz……

11. says

sir,

12. muhammad hammad aziz says

sir punjab university k metallurgy and materials engg or electrical engineering departments ko merit per hone k bawajood abhi tak laptops nai diye gai jabke sub ko january 2013 k first week me mill gai han .sir hame dar ha k hamary laptops cruption ki nazar na ho gaen.is ka notice len ye such ha

13. MUHAMMAD ABDULLAH says

I AM THE STUDENT @ KOTSMABA HHS IN 2ND YEAR (F.Sc]will the labtops r given on the basis of 1 st year too 2nd year boys????

14. says

Mai ACMA ka student hn or mai ny recently 2012 me B.Com 1st division me kiya hai. Or ab Shahbaz Sharif B.com base pe laptop distribute kr rhy hain! Mujhy be laptop ki zarorat hai! Kindly mujhy wo tareeqa btay jis say mai laptop hasil kr sako!

15. hafiz muhammad Umair says

Dear Mr.Shabaz Sharif

I would like to say that I have secured 74% in my FA and now I am the student of CA(Institute of Chartered Accountant).I have been cleared my foundation in first attempt. I am also doing Graduation form University of Karachi.I want to have a laptop which would be beneficial for me in my studies.It is a kind request to provide me a Laptop

your sincerely
    Hafiz Muhammad Umair

16. amir says

My university dropped my name last time. Are those students also eligible who were dropped last time? please give me laptop i really need it.

17. says

sir, humey her universty waly kehte hai ke humey kal laptop mile ga 12 tareek kol miley ga is tarha arey lagate rhty hai ab keh rhe hai 24 date ko mile ga kiun ke shabaz sharif india chly gye hai ab dekhthe hai 24 date ko milta hai ke nhi,i hope mil jaye , inshallah…………

18. ayeshah ahmad says

sir i am the student of 3rd smester and also a eligible student i am registered first but unfortunately our registration is returned to our university. please give me a blaptop.

19. AFIA REHMAN says

jin students k inter mn 70%se zada marks hn n wo P.U.(LAHORE)se affiliated kisi institute mn parhte hn kia unko laptop milenge?

20. Rao Afaq says

sir jo students poor hoty hn or apni study continue nhe rkh skty thy bcoz aj kal gharailo akhrajaat ki waja sy unhein 4, 5 thousand py job krty hn laptop ka asal haq unhein tha.

21. Nageen Baig says

Aoa!!!!!!
    em student of virtual university and i need laptop because meri uni ka name nh aya bt wo semi gorv hai to main kaise apply kro bcoz main private study kr rh hun vu se soooooo plz bta dy k m i eligiable?

22. muhammad naveed says

excuse me sir i want know that the new students of 1st semesir of bzu multan will get Labtops or not ???? please please please tell me

23. ALI RAZA says

hello sir i m ali raza from bahawalpur
    sir laptop just fsc walo ko mil sakty hy DAE walo ka koye hak nahe humy abi tak laptop nahe mila………………DAE walo ko na kise insetude m admission milta hy na koye job why sir

24. Haider Ali says

Give laptops to all deserving students of other semesters too that were not on merit during 1st phase and now are above 70%.baat asool ki honi chahiye…………

25. Zahid says

Wazir e alla. What about professionals? Like ACCA, CA, CIMA, ACMA?
    We are also students and in punjab. So think about it.

26. Shamsa says

salaam sir commerce college waloun ki taraf bhi nazre karam farmayen plzzzz hamay bhi laptop ki request bhyjyn

27. RAHEEL says

jy menu laptop na milya ty fer ma 2bara ppp nu vote dy dena wan………………………….so,plz hurry up

28. WAJAHAT ULLAH says

I HAV RECENTLY DOVE BA PRIVATE FROM BZU AND TAKING ADMN IN MA AS A PRIVATE STUDENT . I ALSO NEED A LAPTOP. PLZ HELP I M A NEEDY STUDENT. HMM GHARIB AUR PRIVATE STUDENT KA KIA KASOOR HAI

29. Anwer Aziz says

Mai MAO college Lahore ka student hoan aur job bhi karta hoan. Last time bhi Laptop kay liya bohat see requests kee thee aur ab bhi karna chahta hoan..please this time mujhay laptop day dijiya i really need this.

30. Arif says

Say something on the topic!